COMMUNIKIDS PRESCHOOL DC
Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Funding Program
As part of the District’s Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE) Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Funding Program, CommuniKids Preschool is now offering FREE Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 spots to eligible children at its DC-Tenleytown Center. CommuniKids is an NAEYC-accredited, Spanish immersion preschool serving children from 2 ½ to 5 years of age.
Spaces are limited.
To qualify for this program, children must meet the following criteria required by OSSE:
- Verified residency in the District under Section 12 of the Student Residency Requirement Act, Code 38-309;
- For Pre-K 3: children must be three years of age on or before September 30 of the program year for which the child is being enrolled; for the 2017-2018 school year, children must be 3 years of age by September 30, 2017;
- For Pre-K 4: children must be four years of age on or before September 30 of the program year for which the child is being enrolled; for the 2017-2018 school year, children must be 4 years of age by September 30, 2017;
- Children who are five years of age BEFORE September 30, 2017, are NOT eligible for the Pre-K Enhancement Program;
- Children who participate in the DC Subsidized Care or the Head Start Program will continue to be funded by those programs and will not be funded by the DC Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Program.
Children enrolled in our 2 1/2 year-old preschool classes will receive priority for the program the following school year!
- 100% Spanish immersion curriculum
- Full day: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Morning and afternoon extended care available for an additional cost (NOT included in Pre-K Enhancement Program)
- Early September to mid-June (Exact start and end dates TBA)
- Fun, nurturing environment combining the best in early childhood education with a full Spanish immersion focus to develop confident, multilingual children
- Licensed by the DC Office of the State Superintendent for Education (OSSE)
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Approved provider of Childcare Aware Military and DoD Childcare Fee Assistance program
- After-Care available from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm for $400 per month
- Before-Care available from 8:00-8:30 am for $95.00 per month
For more information please contact us at 202-363-4431 or via email to email@example.com
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit 2017-18 DC Free Pre-K3 & Pre-K4 Wait List Application found below. Be sure your receive an on-screen confirmation after clicking submit.
- Download and fill in OSSE Residency Verification Form: Here
- Email completed OSSE Residency Verification Form and scanned residency verification documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and “DC FREE PRE-K” in the subject line. Ex) Katherine Gonzalez DC FREE PRE-K
- Your application is complete once you receive a confirmation email with a unique wait list/lottery number.
PLEASE ONLY USE THE FREE PRE-K APPLICATION BELOW IF YOUR CHILD IS 3 or 4 YEARS OLD. FOR 2 1/2 YEAR OLD STUDENTS, APPLY HERE: http://communikids.com/program/spanish-preschool/