- Children three and four years of age on or before Sept. 30, 2023. (children who turn five years of age before Sept. 30, 2023 are not eligible);
- District of Columbia residents with valid proof of residency.
CommuniKids is committed to providing quality Pre-K to families in our community. We also strive to have a balance of English speakers and Spanish speakers in our classes; therefore, we are giving priority to Spanish-dominant families who speak Spanish with their child at home. Priority in the lottery, in the form of extra entries, will be given as follows:
- All Currently enrolled students are guaranteed a spot for the following year;
- Students living in zip codes 20016, 20015, 20008, 20007;
- Students will receive an extra entry into the lottery for each paid week of CommuniKids Full Day 2023 Summer Camp. (Payment for summer camp is due by March 1, 2023 in order to receive an additional entry into the lottery)
- Students who speak Spanish in their home;
- Siblings of current or past students; if you are applying for two children and one is chosen for a
spot in the lottery, your second child will move to the top of the waitlist.
- UDC Students with current valid UDC ID, UDC Full-time and UDC part-time employees that can verify employment by providing their latest UDC stub.
Until we receive current families’ plans for the next school year and get OSSE’s notification for additional spots, Communikids can’t give an exact number of spots we’ll have for next year.
- CommuniKids will post lottery results the first week of April 2023.
- At that time, we will allocate current spots to families who are selected in the lottery.
PLEASE NOTE:All free Pre-K three and four spots are dependent on the Program funding being renewed each year by OSSE. CommuniKids has been accepted into the program through the 2022-23 School Year.