A fun, nurturing environment for children ages 2 1/2 years of age to PreK 3, combining the best in early childhood education with a full Mandarin immersion focus.
CommuniKids Preschool is an approved provider under the Military and DoD Childcare Fee Assistance program. This program provides childcare subsidies to military families.
- Our program is licensed by the DC Office of the State Superintendent for Education (OSSE), and is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- CommuniKids Preschool is an approved provider under the Military and DoD Childcare Fee Assistance program. This program provides childcare subsidies to military families. Learn more here.
- Students must be at least 18 months old to attend CommuniKids Preschool DC
- Toilet training is not a requirement for students
- Previous exposure to the target language is not a requirement for students
- The Full Day program runs from 8:30 am-3:00 pm
- We offer Morning Extended Care from 8:00-8:30 am and Afternoon Extended Care from 3:00-6:00 pm each school day
- Our teachers are native speakers with years of experience working with young children
- Class size is no larger than 8 students with two teachers for the 18 month old classes (Cathedral Commons only)
- Class size is no larger than 16 students with two teachers for the 2½ and 3 year old classes
- Class size is no larger than 20 students with three teachers for the 4 year old classes
- Students may bring their lunches from home, or parents may choose to participate in our hot lunch delivery program. CommuniKids provides a healthy snack each day
- Our Student Support Team is on-site for both school and parent support
- We offer language enrichment classes in Chinese, French, and Spanish on weekdays
- Our preschool year runs from August to mid-June
- We offer a summer camp program with priority registration for preschool families. Summer camp tuition is separate from preschool tuition but comparable in weekly cost
- CommuniKids closes for federal holidays, spring and winter breaks, and occasional professional development days throughout the school year. Please request a copy of our Academic Calendar for more information
Application fee: $100.00
(non-refundable and non-transferrable)