COMMUNIKIDS PRESCHOOL DC
Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Funding Program
As part of the District’s Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE) Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Funding Program, CommuniKids Preschool is now offering FREE Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 spots to eligible children at its DC-Tenleytown Center and UDC-Van Ness. CommuniKids is an NAEYC-accredited, Spanish immersion preschool serving children from 2 ½ to 5 years of age.
Spaces are limited. Application deadline: March 1, 2020.
To qualify for this program, children must meet the following criteria required by OSSE:
- Verified residency in the District under Section 12 of the Student Residency Requirement Act, Code 38-309;
- For Pre-K 3: children must be three years of age on or before September 30 of the program year for which the child is being enrolled; for the 2020-2021 school year, children must be 3 years of age by September 30, 2020;
- For Pre-K 4: children must be four years of age on or before September 30 of the program year for which the child is being enrolled; for the 2020-2021 school year, children must be 4 years of age by September 30, 2020;
- Children who are five years of age BEFORE September 30, 2020, are NOT eligible for the Pre-K Enhancement Program;
Children enrolled in our 2 1/2 year-old preschool classes will receive priority for the program the following school year.
- 100% Spanish immersion curriculum
- Full day: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Morning and afternoon extended care available for an additional cost (NOT included in Pre-K Enhancement Program)
- We follow DC Public Schools Calendar - late August to mid-June (Exact start and end dates TBA)
- Fun, nurturing environment combining the best in early childhood education with a full Spanish immersion focus to develop confident, multilingual children
- Licensed by the DC Office of the State Superintendent for Education (OSSE)
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Approved provider of Childcare Aware Military and DoD Childcare Fee Assistance program
- After-Care available from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm for $515 per month
- Before-Care available from 8:00-8:30 am for $105.00 per month
For more information please contact us at 202-363-0133 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit 2020-21 DC Free Pre-K3 & Pre-K4 Application. Be sure you receive an on-screen confirmation after clicking submit.
- Once we receive your application, we will send you an email confirmation.
- We will start assigning lottery numbers on January 30; you will receive an email with your lottery number.
- Applications are due by March 2, 2020.
- Lottery results will be available the week of April 2, 2020.
IF YOUR CHILD IS SELECTED FOR ENROLLMENT:
- You MUST notify CommuniKids whether or not you will be accepting the spot by Friday, April 17, 2020. If we don't receive a response from you, we will offer the spot to the next family on the wait list.
- Before the start of the school year, you must show proof of residency and age of your child.
- Download and fill in OSSE Residency Verification Form: Here
- Email completed OSSE Residency Verification Form, scanned residency verification documents and your child's Birth Certificate to: email@example.com with your child’s name and “DC FREE PRE-K” in the subject line. Ex) Marc Anthony DC FREE PRE-K