Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Funding Program
As part of the District’s Office of the State Superintendent of Education’s (OSSE) Pre-K Enhancement and Expansion Funding Program, CommuniKids Preschool is now offering FREE Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 spots to eligible children at four DC locations: Tenleytown Center, UDC-Van Ness, Wisconsin Avenue Baptist Church, and Cathedral Commons. CommuniKids is an NAEYC-accredited, Spanish immersion preschool serving children from 18 months to 5 years of age.
Our PreK 3 and PreK 4 lottery is complete and all spaces are now filled for the 2020-2021 school year. We do maintain a waitlist and will notify the first family on the waitlist if a spot opens up. To view the waitlist click HERE.
If you submit, or have submitted an application after the March 3, 2020 deadline, your child will be added to the end of the waitlist in the order in which applications were received after March 3, 2020. Thank you.
To qualify for this program, children must meet the following criteria required by OSSE:
- Verified residency in the District under Section 12 of the Student Residency Requirement Act, Code 38-309;
- For Pre-K 3: children must be three years of age on or before September 30 of the program year for which the child is being enrolled; for the 2020-2021 school year, children must be 3 years of age by September 30, 2020;
- For Pre-K 4: children must be four years of age on or before September 30 of the program year for which the child is being enrolled; for the 2020-2021 school year, children must be 4 years of age by September 30, 2020;
- Children who are five years of age BEFORE September 30, 2020, are NOT eligible for the Pre-K Enhancement Program;
Children enrolled in our 18 months - 2½ year-old preschool classes will receive priority for the program the following school year.
- 100% Spanish immersion curriculum
- Full day: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Morning and afternoon extended care available for an additional cost (NOT included in Pre-K Enhancement Program)
- We follow DC Public Schools Calendar - late August to mid-June (Exact start and end dates TBA)
- Fun, nurturing environment combining the best in early childhood education with a full Spanish immersion focus to develop confident, multilingual children
- Licensed by the DC Office of the State Superintendent for Education (OSSE)
- Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Approved provider of Childcare Aware Military and DoD Childcare Fee Assistance program
- After-Care available from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm for $515 per month
- Before-Care available from 8:00-8:30 am for $105.00 per month
For more information please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit 2020-21 DC Free Pre-K3 & Pre-K4 Application. Be sure you receive an on-screen confirmation after clicking submit.
- Once we receive your application, we will send you an email confirmation.
- We will start assigning lottery numbers on February 12; you will receive an email with your lottery number no later than March 12, 2020.
- Applications are due by March 2, 2020.
- Lottery results will be available the week of April 2, 2020.
IF YOUR CHILD IS SELECTED FOR ENROLLMENT:
- You MUST notify CommuniKids whether or not you will be accepting the spot by Friday, April 17, 2020. If we don't receive a response from you, we will offer the spot to the next family on the wait list.
- Before the start of the school year, you must show proof of residency and age of your child.
- Download and fill in OSSE Residency Verification Form: Here
- Email completed OSSE Residency Verification Form, scanned residency verification documents and your child's Birth Certificate to: email@example.com with your child’s name and “DC FREE PRE-K” in the subject line. Example: Marc Anthony DC FREE PRE-K