Summer Camp Postponed

Dear CommuniKids Families,

Late yesterday we learned that a member of our administrative team tested positive for COVID-19. Because our administrative team has been working together this week to reopen for summer camp, we have decided that we must take additional precautions to make sure we don’t spread the virus within our community and beyond. Because of the 4th of July holiday, and to avoid false negatives, staff members who came in contact with the administrator who tested positive must wait seven days to be tested. Therefore, we won’t have test results until Wednesday, July 8 at the earliest.

In order to keep everyone safe, we have decided to postpone the reopening of camp. We are now aiming to reopen on the week of July 13 to mitigate the spread of the virus to others in our centers.

This postponement is disappointing to all of our staff members who have been working very hard this week to welcome our students back. We are sure that it must be disappointing to our families who have made arrangements and plans based on our July 6th start date as well. Families who have made their payments for the July 6 week should contact their Center Director to arrange for a refund or may choose to have their payments cover tuition for upcoming weeks of camp.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to adapt to this unprecedented situation. In the meantime, we will continue to plan for a safe reopening on July 13.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Jeannine and Raúl

Posted in